GSA strives to add value with a great level of care and professionalism. This standard service agreement represents a basis for the terms and standard of service GSA commits to providing you.
Beyond this agreement, GSA operates to a documented“Little Blue Book” which expresses our values, rights, and responsibilities to our staff, clients, partners, and community. You can see more about our LittleBlue Book and view the document here. https://www.gsaib.com.au/about-us/the-little-blue-book
We subscribe to and are bound by the InsuranceBrokers Code of Practice. A full copy of this is available from the NationalInsurance Brokers Association (NIBA) website, www.niba.com.au.
Where GSA and you may have entered into a bespoke Service level agreement (SLA) or similar, that agreement will supersede this arrangement as per the terms of that Agreement.
We will provide you with some or all the following services:
If required, assist you to manage any claims you may need to make:
Invoices - We will invoice you for the premium, statutory charges (e.g. stamp duty, fire services levy, etc), and any fees we charge for arranging your insurances. You must pay us within 14 days of the date of the invoice or, in the case of a renewal, before the expiry date of the contract of insurance.
If you do not pay the premium on time, the insurer may cancel the contract of insurance and you will not be insured. The insurer may also charge a short-term penalty premium for the time on risk.
In the event of you terminating our appointment, any fees for the services carried out or resources allocated to such services will be charged to you at the full amount or a fair and reasonably calculated pro-rata amount.
Premium funding - Premium funding products enable you to pay your premiums by installments. Premium funders do charge interest and they have a power of attorney over your insurance policy.
We can arrange premium funding on your behalf if you require it. We may receive a commission based on a percentage of the premium from the premium funder for doing so.
Credit card fees - If you pay by credit card, we may charge you a non-refundable credit card fee.
Acting on your behalf - We usually act on your behalf and in your interests in all matters. Sometimes, it may be more appropriate for us to access insurance where we act as an agent of the insurer. When this situation arises, we will explain and highlight this to you. GSA rarely undertakes business with you in this manner, where we do, it will be clearly disclosed.
Providing documents via email - We will issue you policy documents via email. Unless otherwise advised, you will not receive policy document or communication via post.
At GSA, we recognize the importance of corporate governance, and are continually working to improve our policies and processes that keep us running smoothly. We perform a variety of regular, routine processes to ensure that GSA is continuously running to the high standard that we’ve set for ourselves, and that we believe our stakeholders deserve.
Clients who are not fully satisfied with our service should:
1. Contact us and tell us about your complaint. We will do our best to resolve it quickly.
2. If your complaint is not satisfactorily resolved within 20 days, please contact Rocco Pirrello at 02 8274 8162 or put your complaint in writing and send it to Rocco Pirrello at GSA’s address. We will try and resolve your complaint quickly and fairly.
3. GSA is a member of the Australian Financial Complaints Authority(AFCA ). If your complaint cannot be resolved to your satisfaction by us, you have the right to refer the matter to the AFCA. AFCA provides fair and independent financial services complaint resolution that is free to customers. The AFCA can be contacted at:
Australian Financial Complaints Authority
· Financial Services Guide (FSG)- You can view our FSG here - https://www.gsaib.com.au/about-us/corporate-governance
· Modern Slavery - View our latest modern Slavery statement here - https://www.gsaib.com.au/about-us/corporate-governance
For more information please contact us